Monday, March 16, 2009

Time to Sleep


It’s 12, “Ahh, screw this, I tell myself, I’m going to bed”.
Six hours later, I hear the door open, my mother walks in. “Bye, Vijay I’m going to work”. I fade back into unconsciousness,
only to be awoken by Dingle-Dingle-Dingle. The sound of my ringtone, “Yo Vijay, I can’t pick you up, I have an interview”.
I press the little button on the side of my phone. The number 7 1 and 3 are lighted up. 7:13, I can’t do this, 17 minutes to eat, take a shower, dress up, and walk to school. I set my alarm to 8:00. I’ll come in after 2nd.
8 o clock rolls around, I can’t do this, I have so much work to do, I’m too tired. There were too many excuses rolling around my head, and not enough good reasons to go to school. I call my mom. “Mom, call me in sick, I can’t go to school.” I know she will yell at me when she comes back, but she acquiesces for now, dutifully calling the attendance office.
I sleep until 9 o clock, ignoring the shrill of my alarm clock. I get up. Work, Work, Work. Leftover macro, refried calc. All my hw, that still need doing.
I’m stressed, there’s too much to do. Is it really worth it? Is pushing myself this hard going to make myself that much tired? Whats the use if I’m burnt out?
I go back to bed, and set my alarm clock to 3 o clock pm.

8 comments:

  1. This piece was amusing. I like the picture you included as well. I like how the character is laid back and chill. I like how you call calculus "refried calc." It was funny how you thought out what you were gonna do in your head. For example, looking at the 17 minutes to get ready and deciding to postpone by setting alarm for 8. Sweet writing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also enjoyed reading this story. The line "refried" calc was funny because you don't even do your calc homework anyway, good try though lol. I liked this story because I feel the same way sometimes when I wake up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great story! I liked your commitment to the work you have to do. You asked some good questions in the end. It is important to relax once in a while. Also, the picture you have goes very well with the story.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This story is so funny. That is how most people are in the morning. They just don't wanan get up but they have too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the last line of your story, "I go back to bed, and set my alarm clock to 3 o clock pm." It makes me wonder what you would do when you finally wake up at 3...

    ReplyDelete
  6. your story is really funny. I like the picture that you put up. It fits really well with the story.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's hard to think that we teenagers deal with that a lot these days.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like your Blgo. I do not get why you were so tired that morning. Perhaps a long, adventurous night before.

    ReplyDelete